July 12, 2013
Thanks for using our Behr Premium Elastomeric Masonry, Stucco & Brick Paint. We are sorry to hear about your situation. Our Elastomeric Paint is formulated to dry to touch within 4 - 6 hours. There are a few factors you should consider that maybe contributing to the situation (not dry, sticky finish).
1. What color was this paint tinted too? If this was a color from the Behr Premium Masonry, Stucco & Brick Paint color card, it should have a color name/number and exact formula. However if this was a custom matched color, it could be possible for an incorrect color formula where too much colorant was added. Excess colorant could extend dry time.
2. Did you apply according to the specified spread rate of 75 - 125 sq. ft gallon with two coats? If Elastomeric Paint is over applied, longer dry time is needed.
3. Did you allow up to 24 hours dry time between coats? If the second coat is applied too soon, longer dry time is needed.
4. Darker colors may require more dry time.
5. Was high amounts of moisture or dew present during application or dry time? Moisture and dew will extend the dry time.
6. Was the air and surface temperature during application and dry time below 50 degrees F? Extremely low temperatures will extend the dry time.
Recommendation: Please continue to allow the surface to dry for a few more days. If it continues to feel not dry or sticky, please contact our Behr Customer Service for further assistance (toll free number shown on the product label).
3out of 3found this answer helpful.