November 21, 2011
Thank you for your inquiry on the GE 5.0 cu. ft. Chest Freezer model # FCM5SUWW.
GE would not recommend to use a dolly. Please use the following steps when relocating an upright or chest freezer:
1. Disconnect the power cord from the wall receptacle.
2. Remove the food, defrost and clean the freezer.
3. Use blankets to protect the freezer finish from scratches.
4. Place the freezer on its side for moving only if you have no other choice.
5. When transporting a freezer, keep it in an upright position. If transporting it in an upright position is not possible, lay it down on the compressor side of the unit being careful to secure the door preventing it from opening.
6. When the freezer is installed in new location, and if it has been transported on its side, set it right side up and allow the freezer to sit for the same amount of time that it was on its side. Do not plug the unit into the electrical receptacle without allowing this settling time. The unit can be damaged if it is plugged in prematurely.
7. If the unit was transported in an upright position there is no waiting time required.
I hope this helps.
1out of 1found this answer helpful.