November 23, 2012
- Metal cooking basket (you insert your turkey into the basket),
- A tool to insert and remove the basket into the "fryer",
- One disposable-type aluminum pan that inserts into the "drippping" catcher drawer.
- Hose hookup to a propane tank
Recommended items to have:
- a pair of heat resistant gloves (like the "ove" glove, or any oven mitts). I use a pair of heat resistant rubber-ized cooking gloves that I already owned - it makes it alot easier to extract the cooked turkey out of the basket. It also makes it safer if you have to makes any adjustment to the bird in the middle of the cooking period (i.e. i normally pull out the bird mid-way thru the cooking period, and wrap some foil around the wing tips to avoid having burnt wing tips).
I separately purchased (from the manufacturers web site) a cooking basket that has hinges on the side. From personal experience, I have found that the basket with a hinge on the side makes it alot easier to insert and remove the turkey - in fact I believe this basket should have come with the cooker rather than the supplied basket. Go check it out at the manufacturer's web site - basket costs less than $20.
0out of 0found this answer helpful.