August 16, 2013
In order to deter animals from bothering your can, the food odor must be overpowered. Here are some suggestions that you may try:
1. Place rags soaked with ammonia inside the unit.
2. Place socks filled with mothballs inside the unit. Caution: Mothballs are toxic when ingested and may kill birds.
3. Rub cayenne pepper onto the unit
4. Rub Capsaicin (arthritis cream) onto the unit
5. Many companies, such as American Natural Products Co, offer deer and squirrel repellent sprays. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for use.
6. Make your own repellent by mixing one small bottle of hot pepper sauce, one gallon of water and one tsp of mild liquid detergent such as dishwashing detergent. Spray this onto the product.
0out of 0found this answer helpful.