September 2, 2014
Hello - this is Nancy at GE and I am happy to help you with regard to your microwave oven light.
We apologize; however, a microwave light is not consumer replaceable. While we offer many basic problem-solving tips on our appliances, a microwave oven requires an authorized service technician for repairs, due to many components that require certain equipment and safety measures for diagnosis and repair.
For safety reasons, GE offers no do-it-yourself repair advice on microwave ovens due to:
*Safety requirements due to high voltage (capacitor holds a high voltage charge even after it has been unplugged)
*Complexity of electronic circuitry.
*Special equipment needed to make diagnosis.
We recommend contacting the GE Consumer Service to schedule an appointment. They can be reached at 1.800.432.2737, Mon. - Fri., 7:00 am to 10:00 pm, and Sat. - Sun., 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, EST.
I hope this information is helpful. Thanks for checking with us!
0out of 0found this answer helpful.