February 25, 2013
Thank you for your question on the GE microwave.
During cooking, some moisture accumulation inside the door of a microwave oven is considered normal. If moisture is noticed between the glass, allow microwave door to stand open for approximately 15 minutes & moisture should dissipate.
After this time, if moisture has not evaporated, please rest assured it presents no operational or safety problems and the moisture is considered an annoyance, only from a "cosmetics" standpoint.
Yes, the door can be disassembled and cleaned by a qualified service technician. Any repair to a microwave door will require service. Federal law requires any adjustment or repair of a microwave door be followed up by a leak test to make sure of proper fit, operation, etc.
Please see the link below for scheduling serivce.
I hope this helps!
Donna with GE
0out of 0found this answer helpful.